Repair of my Biemmezeta (BMZ) Bike
Maybe this Page is not very interesting for you, but its more a note for myself if i need spare parts in the future.
The Biemmezeta has mostly common parts:
- Shimano HG40 Chain
- 28" wheels with quick release hub axle
- New Shimano Brake Handle - old brake handles was waste, i needed to change the bowden-cables and there was a set with brake handles as well :)
But there are some "specialties" as well.
- The bottom bracket is ITA 70mm (36mm x 24TPI), axle length 130mm. Both sides are right handed threads! Such a bottom bracket is quite hard to get, as the 130mm axle length is not very common.
- The rear sprocket is screwed and does not use the Shimano type extractor tool but the two-pin version (Park Tool FR-2)
Things that need service
The bottom bracket is probably broken and needs to be replaced
- The bottom bracket is actually a loose bearing. It is quite good serviceable and from what I saw, the bearning surfaces and the bearing itself looks OK.
- Adding a back carrier, because having one is always good
- New shifters integrated in the brake handle would be nice
- Some screws that hold the chainrings together have rounded corners now (dt: "rundgedreht") - they need to be replaced
- Maybe disassemble the headset completly and clean everything